cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Button Disabled property is now the DisplayMode property?

I noticed that the Disabled property of my buttons (and many other controls) has now been morphed into a DisplayMode property.

This property can take at least three values (Disabled, View, Edit)

What is the difference between View and Edit modes for a button?  It is not as if the user can edit the button, or can they?

Thanks for any insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

The main difference between the Edit and View modes is that in the former the users can interact with the control, while in the latter they can't - but the control will not "look disabled". For the specific example of a button, the OnSelect handler will not be called if the display mode of the button is View, but it will be if it's Edit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

The main difference between the Edit and View modes is that in the former the users can interact with the control, while in the latter they can't - but the control will not "look disabled". For the specific example of a button, the OnSelect handler will not be called if the display mode of the button is View, but it will be if it's Edit.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

The documentation has more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/properties-core/

- not filipk@microsoft.com, please private message me if you can't share with everyone
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks both for replying. Documentation could be clearer for the case of non-editable controls.
In any case this is a great new feature!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,619)