cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben-G
Level: Powered On

Button Not Working for Navigating to Screen with Component

Hi there,

I'm sure I'm just being dumb, but I can't figure this out. I have 2 buttons on my screen (one is just for testing) used to just navigate to another screen -- Navigate(Screen1). However, neither of these buttons do the navigation. In fact, they do nothing when clicked. After clicking one, though, before doing anything else, and then going to a different screen that is working normally, the screen bugs out in ways I cannot understand (screenshots of normal vs broken). I think I've isolated the problem of it not moving to the other screen to components. Neither components I have tried using in the screen I'm navigating to allow the navigation to actually occur (I only want to use 1 in the end and have been switching between the 2 for testing purposes). However, both these components work fine in other screens. However, when I take out the components, the buttons work fine. I'm using Android mobile and Dynamics 365 (web) and this happens in both. However, the app works fine in the Edit mode in create.powerapps. I'm just not sure what is going on here.

Session ID: e4e02dab-a1bf-4970-a7e7-7d411c335d0a
PowerApps 3.19071.12

Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6
shailendra74
Level 10

Re: Button Not Working for Navigating to Screen with Component

Hi @Ben-G 

I'm not sure if I understand the whole scenario, but, did you use the Navigate method as follows

Navigate(Screen1,ScreenTransition.CoverRight)

Thanks.

Ben-G

Thanks for the reply @shailendra74 !

I just tried your formula for sanity reasons but to no avail unfortunately. However, I do not think the transition property is necessary right? I also removed the component on the screen being navigated to and the navigation works fine now, with and without the transition property. However, I want that component and am not sure if this is a possible bug or not. Also, for further info, I have no errors being reported in formulas on any screens.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Ben-G ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that you could not navigate to another screen which contains a custom Component control?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider take a try to turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider capture the Session ID of your publish app, and then submit an assisted support for further help along with the captured Session ID value through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ben-G

Hi there @v-xida-msft .

Your description of my problem is correct. I can't seem to turn off "Improved app rendering (final validation)" though because then I'd have to disable "Components" right? Perhaps I do not understand this error: "Please disable the component authoring app setting before disabling improved app rendering."

The error only happens when I'm new pages now; it was not a problem before.

Session ID: 31d80bf6-5146-4370-8922-29880961110f
PowerApps 3.19071.12

I'll reach out to support. Thank you for your help and let me know if that new session sparks anything. It happens when clicking the Button that says "Button" towards the bottom right.

Sijts
Level 8

is it not due to the fact that you have to add the navigation property to a component to use it.

because a component is isolated it does not "understand" which screen to navigate to on the select of a button

2019-07-23 11_10_13-.png

Ben-G

I think you misunderstood the problem. There is a component on a separate screen (say Screen2). When I click a button on Screen1, all I want it to do is navigate to Screen2. This doesn't work with the component on Screen2, but when I remove it, the navigation works fine. The component on Screen2 does have a navigation custom property that I set to go to a given screen (my home screen), but that shouldn't affect the ability to get to the screen, especially as that has worked on other screens.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,905)