cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwintersparker
Helper II
Helper II

Button Visibility issue with Navigate()

I created a "submitted" button to appear after pressing a different "submit" button. It appears for like half a second but then disappears. I believe this is because I have OnStart for the power app to navigate to the edit screen. I need to keep this functionality. Is there any way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, in the studio, press the Variables menu choice:

BCLS776_0-1624550204388.png

Select your variable (ShowPopUp):

BCLS776_1-1624550262686.png

You'll get a list of all the places in your app it is mentioned:

BCLS776_2-1624550313705.png

Can you post that info?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you share how you are creating this "submitted" button, including the applicable code? I've seen these kinds of notifications done with a navigate to a short-lived splash screen or using the Notify function, but I am not quite sure which mechanism you are using.

mwintersparker
Helper II
Helper II

yes. I made a submitted button and set visibility to If(ShowPopUp, true, false). For the submit button i set onselect to Set(ShowPopUp, true)

OK, so something happening shortly afterwards in your app is toggling ShowPopUp back to false very quickly. Can you find and share that?

i cannot. I assume that it is because onStart is set to NewForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

OK, in the studio, press the Variables menu choice:

BCLS776_0-1624550204388.png

Select your variable (ShowPopUp):

BCLS776_1-1624550262686.png

You'll get a list of all the places in your app it is mentioned:

BCLS776_2-1624550313705.png

Can you post that info?

View solution in original post

mwintersparker_0-1624554904203.png

BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

OK, while nothing is turning ShowPopUp to false directly, the call of Back() in the OnSuccess property is quickly changing the screen as soon as your form successfully submits. This makes your button vanish as soon as the screen changes. It sounds like this is not the behavior you are after. Can I suggest?:

• Use the OnSuccess as a way to Navigate to a new success screen
  • On your success screen, put your success message up
  • Depending on how you like your UI, place a button that when clicked will Navigate or Back the user to an appropriate screen, or hide a timer (AutoStart true) on the screen and set its OnTimerEnd property to do the navigation you are after

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (905)