cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigaenvy
Level: Powered On

Button acting as Text Label Status from Sharepoint Choice

Hi,

I am trying to make a highly visible status area inside a gallery to show the Status of an item. I could easily use a Text Label, but decided to use a Button to act as a Text Label due to the possibilities I have with rounding corners etc with Buttons.

The end result is working except I am getting a "True" text reading inside the Button text area when the SP List item is Yes . When the SP List is No the button is hidden. Everything is working with If and the color and vis being visible or hidden.

I am trying to use a Button as a Text Label. There is no functionality in the Button other than to display Text as per the Choice in the SP List and change in Color attribute.

How can I make the Choice appear as Canceled when the choice in the SP List is Yes or Canceled? No matter what I change the choices to in the SP List, it will result in True or False (always being hidden).

The Sharepoint column 'Canceled" is a Choice Dropdown of Yes and No. I tried with Radio Button as well.

If(ThisItem.Canceled.Value="Yes",ThisItem.Canceled.Value="Yes",ThisItem.Canceled.Value="No","No")

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Button acting as Text Label Status from Sharepoint Choice

@Gigaenvy 

From reading your post I believe what you want is the button text to be "Yes" or "Cancelled" according to the value in the SP List. My assumption here is your Choices are text values either "Yes" or "No"

If(ThisItem.Canceled.Value="Yes","Yes",ThisItem.Canceled.Value="No","Cancelled")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@Gigaenvy 

From reading your post I believe what you want is the button text to be "Yes" or "Cancelled" according to the value in the SP List. My assumption here is your Choices are text values either "Yes" or "No"

If(ThisItem.Canceled.Value="Yes","Yes",ThisItem.Canceled.Value="No","Cancelled")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Gigaenvy
Level: Powered On

I was so close but passing the same with a dual ThisItem.Canceled.Value. Your correction worked with a slight change to the order.

Thanks again!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,798)