Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IzzyWizz
Resolver I
Resolver I

Button/icon visibilty based on sharepoint list condition

Hi,

I have built an app that is used to set tasks for our engineering department. The tasks are held in a SP list. Users navigate to their tasks via a button on the Homepage which takes them to a gallery where they can view and mark as complete tasks that are assigned to them.

I have made a red icon to appear in the corner of the Homepage button when the user signed in has one or more tasks to complete but I am unsure of the function and syntax to use in the Visible property of the red icon.

User is set OnStart of the app:

Set(
    UserEmailVar,
    User().Email)

And, the user's email is in the AssignedTo column of the SP list.

Basically I need to say "be visible if there are one or more items in the SP task list that have UserEmailVar in the AssignedTo list column".

Completed tasks are moved to a second SP list by Power Automate so I don't have to worry about completed tasks being picked up too.

Thanks,

Izzy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IzzyWizz
Resolver I
Resolver I

So, as an update, I managed to work out what to do after watching one of Shane Young's excellent videos. The code is:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp('Hygiene Fabrication Audits', AssignedTo=UserEmailVar).AssignedTo), true, false)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
IzzyWizz
Resolver I
Resolver I

So, as an update, I managed to work out what to do after watching one of Shane Young's excellent videos. The code is:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp('Hygiene Fabrication Audits', AssignedTo=UserEmailVar).AssignedTo), true, false)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,656)