Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IzzyWizz
Resolver I
Resolver I

Button/icon visibilty based on sharepoint list condition

Hi,

I have built an app that is used to set tasks for our engineering department. The tasks are held in a SP list. Users navigate to their tasks via a button on the Homepage which takes them to a gallery where they can view and mark as complete tasks that are assigned to them.

I have made a red icon to appear in the corner of the Homepage button when the user signed in has one or more tasks to complete but I am unsure of the function and syntax to use in the Visible property of the red icon.

User is set OnStart of the app:

Set(
    UserEmailVar,
    User().Email)

And, the user's email is in the AssignedTo column of the SP list.

Basically I need to say "be visible if there are one or more items in the SP task list that have UserEmailVar in the AssignedTo list column".

Completed tasks are moved to a second SP list by Power Automate so I don't have to worry about completed tasks being picked up too.

Thanks,

Izzy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IzzyWizz
Resolver I
Resolver I

So, as an update, I managed to work out what to do after watching one of Shane Young's excellent videos. The code is:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp('Hygiene Fabrication Audits', AssignedTo=UserEmailVar).AssignedTo), true, false)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
IzzyWizz
Resolver I
Resolver I

So, as an update, I managed to work out what to do after watching one of Shane Young's excellent videos. The code is:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp('Hygiene Fabrication Audits', AssignedTo=UserEmailVar).AssignedTo), true, false)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,124)