cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elevate-me
Helper I
Helper I

Button in Power Apps not working when app published

Hello - Can anyone provide me some thoughts and solutions to why my buttons in Power Apps work when I preview the app, but they do not show as active with the app is published. The buttons are clickable based on a Sharepoint list with individuals names, emails, and position (essentially a delegation of authority list). Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @elevate-me ,

Then only if PSTDOA.Role.Value = "State Program Manager", the button will be active. Also, if DataCardValue162.Text = varFullNameLocation OR the Variable ButtonDisplayModePM is true it will also be disabled even if the first item is true. What testing have you done here ?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @elevate-me ,

What is the DisplayMode of the buttons and are they situated inside a Form or Gallery ?

Hello @WarrenBelz the display mode is: 

If(
DataCardValue162.Text = varFullNameLocation,
DisplayMode.Disabled,
ButtonDisplayModePM,
DisplayMode.Disabled,
PSTDOA.Role.Value = "State Program Manager",
DisplayMode.Edit,
DisplayMode.Disabled
)

Hi @elevate-me ,

Then only if PSTDOA.Role.Value = "State Program Manager", the button will be active. Also, if DataCardValue162.Text = varFullNameLocation OR the Variable ButtonDisplayModePM is true it will also be disabled even if the first item is true. What testing have you done here ?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thank you @WarrenBelz . I tested it in the preview of powerapps and it works. However, when I published the app it doesn't. So, I'm not understanding what's wrong. Also, the buttons are inside the form.

@elevate-me .

Is the form in View or Edit Mode - if in View Mode, buttons will not function. If in Edit Mode (which I suspect), you need to look at your logic - for debugging, put three labels on the screen with

PSTDOA.Role.Value = "State Program Manager"
DataCardValue162.Text = varFullNameLocation
ButtonDisplayModePM

If they do not show (in order), true, false, false then there is something wrong with your process setting these or your logic for the DisplayMode of the button.

vish3027
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@elevate-me Try to refresh your datasources in edit mode and republish the app? Also check the logic once again.

Thank you! I had to write the formula specific for the item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,150)