cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Button layout to look like a flow chart on a screen

Hello all, 

I have three buttons on a screen, one button is on the top, one is below and to the left, and the other button is below the top one and to the right.  I want an arrow coming from the two bottom buttons that point to the button on top, similar to a flow chart/diagram.  I have messed with this off and on for a little while as I work on other pieces of the project but I cannot seem to figure it out.  Obviously, this is not the only data on my screen but this is the one piece that I cannot figure out.  I created a really quick image in paint of what I am trying to accomplish and I have attached this to the post.  Can anyone shed some light on how I can accomplish this?  Essentially, there is a main Committee and two sub-committees and the requestor wants me to have them connected with arrows to show that the sub-committees roll up to the main committee.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Button layout to look like a flow chart on a screen

The exact arrow are not in the Insert Icons in Powerapps. The work around is to use the image you have already done or look for similar images and arrange them as you have done.

Then Insert 3 buttons, one each to cover the 3 Images. 

Finally, to make the button invisible, Go to the Fill property and change it to: 

RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0)
You can change the Hover and other colors to:  RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0)

The 3 BUTTONS will help you to navigate using its OnSelect 
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Attachment wouldn't open so I am reposting as a jpeg.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

The exact arrow are not in the Insert Icons in Powerapps. The work around is to use the image you have already done or look for similar images and arrange them as you have done.

Then Insert 3 buttons, one each to cover the 3 Images. 

Finally, to make the button invisible, Go to the Fill property and change it to: 

RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0)
You can change the Hover and other colors to:  RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0)

The 3 BUTTONS will help you to navigate using its OnSelect 
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

This is a bit of a layman's approach, and uses excessive controls, but you can accomplish it with shapes and icons.

PowerUser - Arrow with Shapes.png

If you then grouped then, or created is a Component, it could be re-used with minimal 'noise' in your App/

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Understood and this what I was afraid of... It's unfortunate that PowerApps doesn't have a more user-friendly drawing tool like the most basic application ever (paint).  I didn't want to do this as I am creating the first draft and if they change anything, for instance the background color, I would need to redo image.

I appreciate the response none the less.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,197)