cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Button not "clickable" on a SharePoint List form

I've edited a SharePoint list from and have added a submit button.  The button is visible all of the time, but is only active ("clickable") when the form is in edit mode.  In view mode, the button is visible but I can't click on it.

I have changed the DisplayMode to Edit rather than Parent.DisplayMode expecting that to force the button to always be active, but it hasn't worked.

Any advice would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Button not "clickable" on a SharePoint List form

Hi @Himmelblau_au,

Do you add the Button control within Edit form rather than outside the Edit form?

Do you custom a form for your SP list using PowerApps?

The user @ChadVKealey has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Unable-to-start-Flow-from-button-in-PowerApps-cust...

If you added the Button control within the Edit form, the parent form's DisplayMode property would override the Button control's and prevent the button action from firing.

As an alternative solution, please take a try to add the Button control outside the Edit form (within the screen), and set the DisplayMode property of the Button control to DisplayMode.Edit, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Himmelblau_au,

Do you add the Button control within Edit form rather than outside the Edit form?

Do you custom a form for your SP list using PowerApps?

The user @ChadVKealey has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Unable-to-start-Flow-from-button-in-PowerApps-cust...

If you added the Button control within the Edit form, the parent form's DisplayMode property would override the Button control's and prevent the button action from firing.

As an alternative solution, please take a try to add the Button control outside the Edit form (within the screen), and set the DisplayMode property of the Button control to DisplayMode.Edit, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks (and sorry for the delayed response).  That does work, however the button now floats when form scrolls, so I'll need to work out how I can make it move with the form.  

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hey @Himmelblau_au

Did you find out? Would be interested to know.

Cheers

Highlighted

I encountered the same problem and I dealt with it by using these formulas to calculate the correct position where the button should appear over the form

X: form.X + datacard.X + J

Y: form.Y + datacard.Y + K

If you need to position it according to other elements, jsut throw the values in the formula like you would normally do

Edit: As of now, it seems to only work if the form isn't scrollable because elements position is fixed. I need it for a scrollable form, will try to find a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,853)