cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Button not working

Hello everyone, I have a button named New on the form. OnSelect, it should create new form. However, nothing is happening when the button is clicked. How can I solve this?

12.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What do you mean "create new form"?

Actually, the NewForm function is used to change a form's mode, not create a form.

Firstly, let me tell you why you need to change form's mode:

A form has three mode: edit, new, view.

When the mode is edit, the form will display an existing record's data and be used to update this existing record.

When the mode is new, the form will display blank value by default, and be used to create a new record.

When the mode is view, the form will display an existing record's data and be used to display this existing record.

Secondly, there's no function about "create" form.

You need to insert forms when designing this app.

There's only functions about changing form's mode:

EditForm(),NewForm(),ViewForm().

If you set one button's onselect to : NewForm(Formname), you click this button, the form will change to new mode.

Thirdly, put this button inside the form or outside the form will not effect this feather.

I've made a similar test, putting two buttons inside the form to change form's mode. It works good.

429.gif

So I think the problem should not be about this.

If you still have problem, after my description, please describe your problem more detailed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Insert another Button On the Screen not inside the Form or Inside the datacard and put same formula:

NewForm(SharePointForm1)

It not working because the button is inside a datacard which is in the form

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What do you mean "create new form"?

Actually, the NewForm function is used to change a form's mode, not create a form.

Firstly, let me tell you why you need to change form's mode:

A form has three mode: edit, new, view.

When the mode is edit, the form will display an existing record's data and be used to update this existing record.

When the mode is new, the form will display blank value by default, and be used to create a new record.

When the mode is view, the form will display an existing record's data and be used to display this existing record.

Secondly, there's no function about "create" form.

You need to insert forms when designing this app.

There's only functions about changing form's mode:

EditForm(),NewForm(),ViewForm().

If you set one button's onselect to : NewForm(Formname), you click this button, the form will change to new mode.

Thirdly, put this button inside the form or outside the form will not effect this feather.

I've made a similar test, putting two buttons inside the form to change form's mode. It works good.

429.gif

So I think the problem should not be about this.

If you still have problem, after my description, please describe your problem more detailed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

Apparently, there is no problem at all. It doesn't work because I did not click on Edit All first. It's now working fine as intended.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (28,526)