cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kORINNERB
Helper II
Helper II

Button not working

Hi As part of my formula on my screen, when i press a button to send an email, i am also wanting to clear a column in sharepoint when i leave the screen, so i have put this below in the formula to patch the column to be blank but does not seem to working,

Not sure why it is not working

Patch('QHSE questions',{'Audit Complete':Blank()})

6 REPLIES 6
timl
Super User
Super User

@kORINNERB 

The call to Patch requires us to specify the record to update as the second argument. This is missing in your formula, which explains why it doesn't work.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

Hi

I have tried following the advice but still seem to have an issue , ammended the formula below but still doesnt change?

Patch('QHSE questions',Defaults('QHSE questions'),{'Audit Complete':Blank()})

Also i want to set all items in that column to blank, not a specific record, is this the right formula to use?

zmorek
Super User
Super User

You'll use UpdateIf to update multiple items with that result.

UpdateIf('QHSE questions', true, {'Audit Complete': Blank()})

That should set all values in that column to blank. 

thank you, i have tried the formula but it is not working for me, i checked the sharepint list and the column still has items in it.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kORINNERB ,

Please open this setting.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1631586130894.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1631586145811.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1631586156047.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

bhartiA

Hi @kORINNERB 

You can use  UpdateIf function, where you can use ID=Value(ThisItem.ID). 

Hope it will work for you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,020)