cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanpryan

Button/radio toggle/drop down choice to generate item in a list

Hey everyone,

I am trying to make a form for work where employees would answer a list of questions as an assessment of potential hazards to them.

When they choose a YES response, I want a text list to generate on the next section.

Example:

Will workers be working with a hazardous chemical? Yes/No

If YES answer, I want this generated in a list: "An SDS must be reviewed with crew and recommendations adhered to"

As YES answers are given, the list is added to until all the questions are done.

I have built this in excel (attached) but it's not pretty and I want an easy app for my foreman to use. I could really use a Powerapp GURU!!

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seanpryan,

First of all, I saw there is only one excel file in your reply, but it seems that you want to put in formations in different tables. To work data in excel with PowerApps, you need to understand that you must format the data in excel as a table. And one table could be one data source for PowerApps.

In your example, I'm not sure that you mean by "list". Is this another data source for this app? Is it another table in excel file or did you mean SharePoint list?

To add data to data sources in PowerApps, you must connect to these data sources. For example, if you want to add "An SDS must be reviewed with crew and recommendations adhered to" to another table, you must first create this table and have column headers set. Then add data("An SDS must be reviewed with crew and recommendations adhered to") to this column.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seanpryan,

First of all, I saw there is only one excel file in your reply, but it seems that you want to put in formations in different tables. To work data in excel with PowerApps, you need to understand that you must format the data in excel as a table. And one table could be one data source for PowerApps.

In your example, I'm not sure that you mean by "list". Is this another data source for this app? Is it another table in excel file or did you mean SharePoint list?

To add data to data sources in PowerApps, you must connect to these data sources. For example, if you want to add "An SDS must be reviewed with crew and recommendations adhered to" to another table, you must first create this table and have column headers set. Then add data("An SDS must be reviewed with crew and recommendations adhered to") to this column.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (4,046)