cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAallday
Helper I
Helper I

Button to populate date/time picker with now timestamp

Hello, I have a canvas form for an SPO list. in the list I have "Accepted DateTime", a date/time field (not required).

Is it possible to add a button to the form so that when I want to populate "Accepted DateTime", it automatically fills the fields with the current date and time? (the reason, I want to save users (a little) time from having to select the date, and hours and min manually if possible)

AAallday_0-1643306284897.png

The field should be blank until populated, then that value saved (unless overwritten).

Any thoughts?

(I am not very powerapps skilled)

Thank you in advance

11 REPLIES 11

@RandyHayes  i have taken up so much of your time -- i really appreciate your help

AAallday_0-1643398119785.png

So you are recommending changing this property to "new"? When i do that however, it seems to treat this form as a "new" entry vs editting an existing one (which is what i need).  This field is only available when editting an entry.

Here's the item property -- I believe i got this from microsoft guide to adding edit form/screen

AAallday_1-1643398517878.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@AAallday 

You are certainly not taking up time, it's important that you get what you need.

What I am stating is that the form has to be in a valid mode with a valid record.

If your form is in New mode (which it would be since you are doing SharePoint integration if the user clicks new - i.e. the OnNew action of the SharePointIntegration object) then that is fine.

If your form is in Edit mode (which it would be from the OnEdit action of the SharePointIntegration object), then the Item property needs to be a valid record.

So, either way is fine, you just HAVE to have a valid record for the form  (again, New will provide its own record, and Edit will come from the Item property).

The question is...do you have an actual record in the form when you are in the design mode?  

The scenario you are mentioning for what you are seeing is suggesting to me that it is not.

You can verify by placing your cursor at the end of your formula in the Item property of the form and seeing if the Formula Editor shows you a record.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,184)