cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shrptrts
Frequent Visitor

Buttons not working in live app

I have a submit form button in a data card at the bottom of the form. When I run the app in test mode before I publish it, the button works as expected. However, when using the app through the mobile devices or the URL the button does not allow submissions. It is as if there is no "OnSelect" action associated with the button. A thank you message is also supposed to pop up after the "submit" button is pressed which works when testing but not when the version is live.

The data source is a sharepoint list but I don't know if that matters. It only works in the test environment but not the live environment, is there a reason why? I am assuming if the button works when you press "alt" in the editor it should work when a user presses the button. 

Thanks in advanced.

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shrptrts,

What is the formula in your OnSelect property of the button control? According to your description, formulas in your app should be something like:

Screen1.OnVisible=Set(V1,false)
Button1.OnSelect=SubmitForm(Form1);Set(V1,true)
Label1.Text="Thank you!"
Label1.Visible=V1

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

Yes exactly like that but with different variable names. The button itself is in a datacard in the form with the same code. When I test it by pressing the play button in the editor, it works. However it does not when I publish it. 

Capture.PNG

But in the live app (regardless if it is accessed through the app or the URL) the submit button does not work. It doesn't even submit the form and the dependent button (that has the text) does not show up.

afterclickingSubmit.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,043)