cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alunhughes
Frequent Visitor

Buttons within form data card (iOS Only Bug) - not clickable [BUG]

I have several display forms with a custom data-card near the bottom that has a button with some actions behind it.

Since updating the iOS app clicking on these buttons don't work, the screen just sort of flickers and nothing happens. However, by being very very precise where you click (at the exact bottom of the button) it does work.

There are no issues on Android, Teams embedded PowerApp or in browser - they all work fine!

The one thing I have been able to pin-point is in the PowerApps Environment I see when I click on the button the editable rectangle that appears to re-size / move the control etc. is very slightly upwards-aligned over the control rather than perfectly over it (screenshot below). The datacard is in edit mode - not View.

Capture.JPG

Buttons are clickable higher up in the form and the overlaying rectangle is aligned perfectly the buttons - and they are the ones that do work.

Changing the button to an icon appears to work as well - but we really need to use buttones here.

Any help would be appreciated as we can't release the app to the business as the majority of our staff are field-based using iPads.

Again, it worked fine on  aprevious version of the app, but for other legacy reasons we had to update to a later version.

Many thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alunhughes ,

Do you mean that the Button inside the custom data card within your Display form could not be clickable (only in iOS device)?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of PowerApps Mobile App in my iOS Mobile is 3.20031.20, the version of my iOS device is 13.3.1.

Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App has been upgrade to the latest version of your app, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please make sure the version of your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version.

If the issue still exists, please consider capture the session id of your canvas app in iOS device, then submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Both my iOS app and iOS version are the same as yours.

I have also tried to replicate the issue in a new app, and it doesn't happen - it only happens when the control resize/move option that appears when you click on a control appears slightly higher than the position of the actual control. It's a rather complex dynamic form and this data card is quite near the bottom. Adding a button on the first few datacards near the top of the form appears to be working fine.

My code hasn't changed, it just broke when we upgraded the iOS app.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Hi @alunhughes ,

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Please make sure the TabIndex property of the Button within the custom data card is set to a higher value (e.g. 100).

And then select the Button within the custom data card, click "Home"-> "Reorder" option-> "Bring to front" option, to make sure the Button appear above on other controls.

1.JPG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,731)