cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhananjayanhari
Level: Powered On

CASCADING DROPDOWN WITH 3 COLUMNS

Hi Team,

I am trying to create a cascading dropdown with multlivel dropdown and i have been testing using the method as shown here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQZ0sv7zV8&t=827s

I have named my sharepoint list as Log tool and three supporting list for connection as log1,log2 and log3.

list used as follows

i have the got this final out put of the method as shown from the above video. 

However, datas from Region only is been shown and not in the other two fields (country and location). i see there is no data listed from the drop down. i do not know what is the issue that is causing the data not being shown.

Coding used:

log1.Region

SortByColumns(Filter(log2, Title = ddRegion.Selected.Value), "Country", SortOrder.Ascending)

Filter(log3, Title = ddcountry.Selected.Value && Region = ddRegion.Selected.Value)

Could some one help me here what i have missed to notice and rectify the mistake?

Thanks, priyaa @dhananjayanhari 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: CASCADING DROPDOWN WITH 3 COLUMNS

@dhananjayanhari 

What is the Title column in your filter?

Your photo of the data shows different column names.

Based on that photo, I would say your Items properties need to be more like this:

dropdown for Region Items property : log1.Region
dropdown for Country Items property :
SortByColumns(Filter(log2, Region = ddRegion.Selected.Value), "Country", SortOrder.Ascending) dropDown for Location Items property :
Filter(log3, Country = ddcountry.Selected.Value && Region = ddRegion.Selected.Value)

I hope that is helpful for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@dhananjayanhari 

What is the Title column in your filter?

Your photo of the data shows different column names.

Based on that photo, I would say your Items properties need to be more like this:

dropdown for Region Items property : log1.Region
dropdown for Country Items property :
SortByColumns(Filter(log2, Region = ddRegion.Selected.Value), "Country", SortOrder.Ascending) dropDown for Location Items property :
Filter(log3, Country = ddcountry.Selected.Value && Region = ddRegion.Selected.Value)

I hope that is helpful for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

dhananjayanhari
Level: Powered On

@RandyHayes 

Thank you for your reply. I dont seem this code helps me here. attached the image for your reference.

Could you explain me what do you refer as column title?

i am attaching the supporting list column fields and not sure what you are reffering to.

Please help to understand where i have missed some logical coding.

Thanks,

Priyaa

Super User
Super User

@dhananjayanhari 

Priyaa,

Since you are deailng with a DataCard, you most likely have a ComboBox as the control within that datacard.  

The syntax of your formula shows "country" and your photo of the data shows "Country".  Is the name of the column in your data source country or Country? That needs to be accurate.

You show a red X on the photo, can you let me know what the error message is on that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,835)