cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

CDM Lookup Values Not Showing Information

Hello,

 

I have an entity (Person) with a defined relationship to itself. In the default lookup fields, I have PrimaryID, FullName, and EmailPrimary selected. I then chose for the create/edit field of the Person lookup to show the Lookup-Person's name as the selection, but the dropdown list does not reveal any possible values. If I choose to show the PrimaryID, it will show all possible Lookup-Persons, but not when I select to show the Lookup-Person's FullName. (Image 1)

 

Also, if I am able to select a Lookup-Person successfully via their PrimaryID, on the view form it will not show the Lookup-Person's FullName. It will only show that Lookup-Person's PrimaryID. (Image 2)

 

I have been having issues like this for ALL defined relationships in my CDM. It doesn't matter whether it's a self-referencing relationship or a lookup to another entity. Any help here would be great.

 

 

 

 

PowerApps_CDM_Relationship_Help - Copy.JPG

PowerApps_CDM_Relationship_Help_2 - Copy.JPG

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @arnonel,

 

Sorry for the late response. I got the update from pg that this can’t be supported today without taking a significant performance hit. We are working on adding relationship support which will help in this scenario.

 

For now user can himself add a textbox with just for illustration purposes NameLabel.Text = Lookup( Contact, ​ContactID =ThisItem.AccountContact.ID).FullName

 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

 

Thanks for your report. I have reproduced your issue. We have reported this to the pg and I will let you know if there is any update later.

 

Further, for the Lookup performance issue, please take a try to save the lookup entity in a collection, then use the function with the local collection, which would make the performance a little better.

 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Any updates on this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not gotten any updates.

@v-monli-msft - please can you get an update?

Hi @arnonel,

 

Sorry for the late response. I got the update from pg that this can’t be supported today without taking a significant performance hit. We are working on adding relationship support which will help in this scenario.

 

For now user can himself add a textbox with just for illustration purposes NameLabel.Text = Lookup( Contact, ​ContactID =ThisItem.AccountContact.ID).FullName

 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,629)