I dont know why Im not able to export my data from a custom entity
I wento to Entitites-->CustomEntity-->Data--Export Data.. and it shows the following error.
Please I need the data because I want to see the data via power BI.
Thanks in advnace!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've got the response from the microsoft support and here is the message:
"Dev checked in changes to the backend service and introduced some new url actions to be called from the portal. It looks like these changes have not propagated to all environments. Import/export from the portal is failing on some environments because it cannot find the new url.
and this doesn’t happen very often for sure."
Hopefully everyone's CDS is back to service! 🙂
Thanks for the feedback.
I just tried to export the data from a custom entity, it works from my side:
In addition to the Export Data, have you tried the Open in Excel option?
I have the same issue as well. And I've tried with other entities, which all have the same issue. Since my work computer doesn't allow office to access the data from another source due to administration restriction. Is there other way to resolve this issue?
This has been happening to me over the last week or so as well. I cannot export or import CDS data. I also just get a blank table when I open the entity in Excel. The only way I have been able to do data manipulation is manually through a PowerApp but this doesn't really work very well for what I need to accomplish.
Same for me....
I get the same '! Export Failed' message for the template or the data.
I also tried exporting the table as Environment resources in the Admin Center and imported the resources in to a new environment and still got the Export Failed error when exporting the template from the new environment.
I tried opening in Excel too, it doesn't work.
Please let me know when there's a work around or fix.
FYI... This is becoming widespread I saw the same issue in the PowerApps main forum under
"export of CDM entity template failing"
I have been experiencing the same issue and started a couple of weeks ago. Checked in the community boards and they are investigating.
Your help is greatly appreciated!
I did manage to make a work around to export entity data:
Hope this helps you out 🙂
This workaround was part of my plan if the issue cannot be fixed. However, this wasn't the intension of the app itself. Hopefully Microsoft can resolve this issue and regain the function it is intend to do.
FYI... having the same issue when importing using the CDS import interface - "! Import Failed".
I'm going to make a flow for the workaround but this sucks.
Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!
Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights