cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csm
Level: Powered On

CDS Delegation not working on date field types

Hello all,

We have built an app using CDS that contains about 15,000 records for scheduling operations. 

These records are presented to the ops team as work orders filtered to due today, however it seems that delegation doesnt work on filtering fields formatted as a date on CDS. 

Is it possible to filter records to todays date without breaking delegation? I have tried a number of ways, including using "Today()", writing today's date to a context variable, and even hardcoding todays date, however I always get the warning under "=" that "Part of this Filter formula cannot be evaluated remotely due to service limitations". 

The formula I am using is

Filter('Production Work Orders', TargetDate = Today())

Currently I am replicating the entire database to a local collection, however this is no longer an option as the database increases in size.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get delegation working in this situation?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS Delegation not working on date field types

Hi Csm,

I can reproduce this issue by creating an app based on a CDS entity. In the app, add a gallery control and set its Items property to Filter(DataSource,FinalDate=Today()). The date can be filtered by the date, but there is a warning under “=Today()”.

The warning message is shown as below:
Suggestion: Part of this Filter formula cannot be evaluated remotely due to service limitations. The local evaluation may produce suboptimal or partial results. If possible, please simplify the formula. For more information, please see the filter function documentation.

I also try with other operator such as “in”. I set the Items property of the gallery control as Filter(DataSource,TextBox1.Text in FinalDate). But I get the same result with “=”.

Thanks for your feedback. I will report this from my side and involve others to look into this.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
csm

hello Mabel

any update on this?

thanks 

csm

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Csm,

I am not sure if CDS support filtering on date fields, I am still confirming this issue with PGs. I will back once I got the updates.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft ManishM
Microsoft

@v-yamao-msft Has this issue being resolved? Last mention of this issue was on 6/22/2016. My entire app depends on date filtering on CDS.

Rhemo
Level 8

bump

trietho

Hello,

This is my workaround for my case: SQL Table, need a filter by date, and data entry via PowerApps too.

• Create an additional TEXT column, e.g: ReleaseDateText
  • On EditForm, make ReleaseDateText card as hidden and its Text properties should be: 
  • Text(ReleaseDatePicker.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")
  • Now, you can filter on Gallery: 
    Filter('[dbo].[ProductReleases]', ReleaseDateText = Text(ReleaseDatePicker_ListForm.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")

My two cents!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Platform 24

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,732)