cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rafdelgado
Level: Powered On

CDS Entity Creation - Cannot create an entity while the database is locked for updates.

I'm having some trouble trying to create a new entity in the PowerApps Common Data Service. When attempting to save the new entity it returns "Cannot create an entity while the database is locked for updates.".

Has anyone ever seen this and now how to resolve? I've tried it on a different environment and it works ok but unsure how to fix on this particular environment.

Thanks,

Raf

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS Entity Creation - Cannot create an entity while the database is locked for updates.

Hi rafdelgado,

When you are getting the error “Cannot create an entity while the database is locked for updates”, which environment are you in?

I have tried with both default environment and custom environment, I don’t get any issues when create a new entity.

I’m not sure if this is a temporary issue, please try again, if you are still having the issue, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rafdelgado
Level: Powered On

Re: CDS Entity Creation - Cannot create an entity while the database is locked for updates.

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Thanks for the reply, I'm experiencing issues with our "default" environment, I built a complete new one and thats working without issue. I tried the default one again this morning and still the same issue.

Kind Regards,

Raf

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,517)