cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pripri804
Level 8

CDS Error - Cannot write new entries

Hi,

I'm having issues with my app when writing in CDS entities. I have 5 entities and when i try to add a record in each of them, an error occurs Untitled.png

I found out in this post that it may be that the next number it is trying to create ,ay be already used. So I opened the data in excel and manually added a record. Tried to add a record again from the app but the same error popped up.

Any solutions please?

5 REPLIES 5
Power Apps Staff CWesener
Power Apps Staff

Re: CDS Error - Cannot write new entries

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you confirm if you're trying to set the Autonumber field in your PowerApp? If you leave this field blank it should auto assign a unique number for you.

And just to confirm what you mentioned in your post, you are able to create a new record from Excel Add-in by leaving the autonumber field blank? Or are you setting it?

Thanks,
Clay.
Pripri804
Level 8

Hi Clay,

In the App, I'm just trying to add a new entry in a form. Am not dealing with the Autonumber field.

In Excel, when I created the new entry, I set the Autonumber myself. 

I'm suspecting that the issue is because in one of my entities, I have over 47,000 rows of data. Can it be the case that CDS doesn't handle that amount of data ? However, the strange thing is that even if i try to write an entry in another entity, which has just around 100 rows of data, the error still appears.

Pripri804
Level 8

@CWesener

Hi Clay,

Any feedback please?

Power Apps Staff CWesener
Power Apps Staff

Hi,

If you create a new record in Excel and do not set the autonumber field do you receive the same error? If so, it sounds like your number sequence has an issue - if you can send me your environment details in a private message (Open the Portal, navigate to Entities, open an entity and copy the URL) as well as the list of the entity names that have this problem and I will have our team investigate.

Thanks,
Clay.
Pripri804
Level 8

@CWesener

Hi Clay,

Sent you a private message

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,318)