cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nagaviswanath Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

CDS Error and Data missing

Hello Team,

I ran into common data service connection issue while using the app. I have got following error while adding entries to the CDS

entity and Data is missing from the table Timesheets_Calendar entity. It worked very fine yesterday.

Entity_Connection_error.png

No idea how to resolve the issue. It is very bad to loose data and connection issues to the CDS from the app.

Kind regards,

Naga

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CDS Error and Data missing

Sorry to hear about your problem, Naga. 

We have encountered the same issue with the Common Data Service on two occasions now in the past few weeks. One time all the data from the Entity was lost, and the other time, full functionality was restored with no data loss. We did nothing on our end to rectify the issue, and there seem to be no tools or logs with which to troubleshoot the CDS. 

Moving forward, you should make a Flow to backup important Entities periodically, until Microsoft comes up with a way to keep this from happening. 

I hope your CDS service is restored with no data loss!! Best of luck! 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nagaviswanath and @Anonymous,

Thanks for the feedabck.

I have forwarded this issue, hopefully this is only a temporary issue.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happened again to us just a few hours after posting here yesterday: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Yet-another-CDS-Data-Error/td-p/27624

As of this morning, we are still down. All Entities are impacted and Export feature is not working. Immensly frustrating.... 

Highlighted
Nagaviswanath Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hello,

My CDS has been restored without data loss and i am getting strange how we can trust powerapps CDS service. By the way, where do i get more information on Backingup data from CDS using flow. That would be good to have a flow to avoid such data loss scenarios.

Kind regards,

Naga

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,916)