cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sal27562
Level: Powered On

CDS Last modified by or created by showing as DateTime data type

When I create a new identity in CDS the two Standard fields 'Last modified by' and 'Created by' show as data type "Text", as it should be. However when I click 'Save Entity' these two fields change data type to "DateTime". Is this a known bug?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS Last modified by or created by showing as DateTime data type

Hi sal27562,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. When creating an entity, the data type of “Last modified by” and “Created by” is Text, while after saving the entity, the data type of these two fields change to DateTime. Create an app based on this entity, these two fields are blank, there is no value for them.

4.PNG

5.PNG

I open several old entities I created before, the data type of these two fields are proper and there are value for these two fields on app.

I will be going to report this issue on my side and back to you once I got any response.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sal27562
Level: Powered On

Re: CDS Last modified by or created by showing as DateTime data type

Thank you Mabel for the quick response,

I also have entities that I created a while ago and they are working correctly like you mentioned in your response. I hope you can resolve this soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,773)