cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAddict
Level 10

CDS Opportunity Can't Access Price list Field

Hey all, this was a question that was asked a few days ago but for some reason, the correct answer wasn't marked as one. I don't typically do this but I am reposting this here with the answer so someone with the same problem can find the right solution.

I am trying to access the Price List field from an opportunity using a Model Driven Form app. I am attempting to access it like this.

Filter('Price Lists', 'Price List' = GUID(First([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Data).ItemId)).'Price List'

In accordance with what I read here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/embedded-canvas-app-guidelines

However it doesn't seem that the @ModelDrivenFormIntegration contains the Price List data even though one is specified on the record. Anybody know where I am going wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Level 10

Re: CDS Opportunity Can't Access Price list Field

Ok, so relational data in an embedded canvas app has always been an issue (posted by me on one of my blogs: https://thepoweraddict.com/overcoming-5-top-challenges-with-embedded-canvas-apps/

Anyway, this is how you can make it work.

I have 2 screens in my app:

2. Screen 2: has a gallery of Opportunities (Gallery1) with the Items property set to Filter(Opportunities, Opportunity = [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Opportunity) and (optional) I also have a label within the gallery that displays ThisItem.'Price List'.Name

1. Screen 1: has a gallery of Price Lists (Gallery2) with the Items property set to Filter('Price Lists', 'Price List' = First(Gallery1.AllItems).'Price List'.'Price List')

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PowerAddict
Level 10

Re: CDS Opportunity Can't Access Price list Field

Ok, so relational data in an embedded canvas app has always been an issue (posted by me on one of my blogs: https://thepoweraddict.com/overcoming-5-top-challenges-with-embedded-canvas-apps/

Anyway, this is how you can make it work.

I have 2 screens in my app:

2. Screen 2: has a gallery of Opportunities (Gallery1) with the Items property set to Filter(Opportunities, Opportunity = [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Opportunity) and (optional) I also have a label within the gallery that displays ThisItem.'Price List'.Name

1. Screen 1: has a gallery of Price Lists (Gallery2) with the Items property set to Filter('Price Lists', 'Price List' = First(Gallery1.AllItems).'Price List'.'Price List')

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,360)