Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bubbler
Level: Powered On

CDS Optionset failed to load with Choices

I´m using Powerapps Canvas mode with CDS connection

There is one OptionSet that is present and valid in the CDS model that powerapps can't load, attached you can see the screenshots.

I´m currently using many optionsets within the same model but only this one cant be loaded. The error is "Se produjo un error al cargar las opciones" (there was an error loading options)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bubbler

Re: CDS Optionset failed to load with Choices

Hi @v-siky-msft 

JFTR

• Could you try to modify your formula to Choices(EntityName.OptionSetColmnName), and check if your issue is fixed?

I did this change but the issue was not fixed.

• If not, try to delete your Option set ,even Entity Field, then re-create it and apply to your PowerApps to check if issue is fixed.

First we tried this on Dynamics365 sandbox and then apply the solution as an update to my environment. It did not fix the issue.

Finally we delete the field and the option set and re-create them with different internal names directly in the destination environment.  This time the issue was fixed.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Bubbler ,

I have made some test, regardless of global or local option set, I don’t have the issue you mentioned, they all can be loaded successfully. It seems not to be easy to reproduce your issues.

Could you try to modify your formula to Choices(EntityName.OptionSetColmnName), and check if your issue is fixed?

If not, try to delete your Option set ,even Entity Field, then re-create it and apply to your PowerApps to check if issue is fixed.

Annotation 2019-09-09 142816.png

Best regards,

Sik

Bubbler

Hi @v-siky-msft 

JFTR

• Could you try to modify your formula to Choices(EntityName.OptionSetColmnName), and check if your issue is fixed?

I did this change but the issue was not fixed.

• If not, try to delete your Option set ,even Entity Field, then re-create it and apply to your PowerApps to check if issue is fixed.

First we tried this on Dynamics365 sandbox and then apply the solution as an update to my environment. It did not fix the issue.

Finally we delete the field and the option set and re-create them with different internal names directly in the destination environment.  This time the issue was fixed.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Helpful2

Hi All,

This is not a valid solution.

I am experiencing this bug after having things work as expected for months without issue.  I understand recreating it could be difficult because there is no error message generated.  Here is the behavior:

1. Create a solution in an environment (e.g. DEV) that includes:
    1. a custom entity: Foo with local optionset field: Foo Type
    2. a canvas app with CDS-sourced Choices in a ComboBox control using "Items = Choices(Foos.'Foo Type')"
    3. Validate combobox shows optionset values
  2. Deploy the solution to TEST, open the canvas app and see that the combobox has no values.

What I have seen is opening the canvas app in TEST seems to resolve something and it will load in authoring

Please fix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,468)