cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesenavaranjan
Helper V
Helper V

CDS Row Limit

Is there a limit to the number of rows you can get from a CDS connector in Power apps

I know SQL has a limit of 2000 when changed in advanced settings

is this also the case for CDS or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jesenavaranjan ,

For example, if you are using a delegatable formula in the Items property of a gallery control, then it will show all your 4000 records inside it. But if you got a delegation warning in this formula, then it will only return less than 2000 ones. 

Please go ahead and check on the link I gave you to learn about delegation.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jesenavaranjan ,

2000 is the max number you could set of Data row limit for non-delegable queries setting. CDS is one of the delegable data sources in PowerApps, so if you use the delegable formula to show the data of CDS correctly, there is no limit of the data row for CDS in PowerApps. 

Please see more detailed explanation about delegation in PowerApps below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi but can I show 4000 rows of data automatically or would I need to use collections to show the data?

Is it possible to use Flow to show records?

FROM CDS 

If you have more then 2000 records, you can either use a collection as your datasource OR use formulas that can be delegated.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Hi @jesenavaranjan ,

For example, if you are using a delegatable formula in the Items property of a gallery control, then it will show all your 4000 records inside it. But if you got a delegation warning in this formula, then it will only return less than 2000 ones. 

Please go ahead and check on the link I gave you to learn about delegation.

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,338)