Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

CDS and PowerApps picklist issues

Hello,

I have the following two issues with picklists and was hoping someone knew how to address the problems:

1. Is there a solution for making them sortable other than prefixing with numbers and letters?

2. For some reason, the Name displays by default in PowerApps instead of the Display Name. I would think the user wants to see the Display Name rather than the no-spaces-no-special-characters Name field.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: CDS and PowerApps picklist issues

Hi @BillR,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Currenlty there is no available way to sort the picklists.

For picklists, currenlty I can't find a way to have the Display Name shown within PowerApps, I will make some tests on this.

In addition, please consider to submit ideas if you have more suggestions regarding picklists.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BillR,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Currenlty there is no available way to sort the picklists.

For picklists, currenlty I can't find a way to have the Display Name shown within PowerApps, I will make some tests on this.

In addition, please consider to submit ideas if you have more suggestions regarding picklists.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I posted an issue that looks similar and relates to the use of CDS and DataCard with lookup field.  There also, the DisplayName field in the DataCard points to the Name of the field in the Lookedup entity rather than the DisplayName.  This is clearly a bug since the DataCard also exposes the DataField property which also (but correctly) uses the Name of the Lookedup field.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

I am bemused/surprised/irritated the picklist in the app shows the Name value rather than the Display Name value. What else would be the point of Display Name??

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

I am late coming into this discussion, but thought I would throw this out there.

It looks like the issue with the display value still being the intenal name still exists... Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Sean

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,726)