cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgroms
Regular Visitor

CDS connector - Not showing up

Hi there, I am trying to build an app in make.preview.powerapps.com. I understand its a DEV platform. When I try to select the CDS connector, I am not able to see it in the list of connectors. I am trying to select "when a record is created" trigger. 

Can you please let me know if you any suggestions ? Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

First, Triggers are used in Power Automate, not Power Apps.

But in terms of CDS, what you want to look for is Dataverse or Dataverse (Legacy), not the Common Data Service.  The old CDS connector has been renamed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!
mgroms
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply @Pstork1 I can choose triggers from flow "Flows" menu correct (screenshot attached) ? 

When I select "Dataverse or Dataverse (Legacy)" I only see triggers/actions are available for "Premium" subscription only. Is there any other trigger that I can use to "when a record is created" trigger ? Please let me know.

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Yes, but that's just an embedded copy of the Power Automate flow editor.  So in there you're not really in Power Apps anymore.

The Dataverse connector is a premium connector unless you are using it inside a Teams environment.  But that is loaded elsewhere.  The CDS connector was always a premium connector too.  There is no alternative to the premium subscription if you are creating a regular flow to access the Dataverse database

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!
mgroms
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your feedback @Pstork1 apologies for delayed reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,917)