CONCATENATE SEVERAL CONNECTED FIELDS INTO ANOTHER LIST

What I need to do is concatenate a secondary list into a dropdown field

The fields are:

ID (SharePoint ID)
Status (Choice)
Area (Choice)
Creation date (SharePoint Standard)
Description (Multiple lines)

Would you like to limit the description field to only appear 80 characters?

My code here:

Concat(SecondaryDatabase
; Concatenate(Text(Value("ID"));Status.Value;Area.Value;Details;Created;","))

4 REPLIES 4
Nate-PTTP

you should be separating each value in your concatenate formula with a comma instead of a semi-colon. also, with concatenate, you also should probably separate each value with something so that it is easier to read. 

last thing.... the formula you have (once fixed with the above suggestions), is going to yield a text value. Dropdowns require a table, so you should also nest the entire formula with a Split(text,";") formula.... try the below and see if it works...

Split(Concat(SecondaryDatabase,Concatenate(Text(Value("ID")),",",Status.Value,",",Area.Value,",",Details,",",Created,",")),";"),";")

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Nate-PTTP 

Hi, thanks for the help!

Here, I tried this code and got an error...

Concatenate function has invalid arguments

The screenshot:

Gorilla_8_0-1612448622422.png

Nate-PTTP

question.... it looks like you are working in a different geographic location from me.... does Power Apps in your country require you to separate the values with ";" instead of ","? it is a comma in the US, but perhaps where you are requires a semi-colon?

Based on the screenshot you shared, it seems the Criado field is incorrect..... perhaps it is called something else in your datasource like 'CreatedDateTime" or created.value or something?.... seems as though that field is what isnt working properly in your formula.

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Nate-PTTP 

it looks like you are working in a different geographic location from me.... does Power Apps in your country require you to separate the values with ";" instead of ","? it is a comma in the US, but perhaps where you are requires a semi-colon?

Answer: yes, here we use ";", its different, I know! haha

Based on the screenshot you shared, it seems the Criado field is incorrect..... perhaps it is called something else in your datasource like 'CreatedDateTime" or created.value or something?.... seems as though that field is what isnt working properly in your formula.

Answer: "Criado" is incorrect... But if I put here on PowerApps, doesn't call here! If I remove the field? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,958)