cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkekovic
Level: Powered On

CRM fields not showing up when mapping

Hello everyone,

In order to create new fields I go in the solution explorer and expand the certain entity and choose the fields node and create a new field. After this if I am trying to import the excel spreadsheet, and map the fields, the new field doesn't show up. Does anyone know what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SKH19
Level 10

Re: CRM fields not showing up when mapping

Data import can be a huge pain, but I find it works a lot better if you use the old data import wizard.

First take the file you want to import and convert it to CSV by selecting the file type when saving it in excel:

Annotation 2019-12-12 144725.png

Then, from Power Apps, select the gear in the top right corner and select Power Platform Admin Center. In the admin center, select your environment and hit Settings. From there you can get into the data import wizard:

Annotation 2019-12-12 144544.png

Select IMPORT DATA and choose your CSV file, then follow the wizard. This works out much better and doesn't have any of the errors you see when trying to import using the new Power Platform model.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PowerBack19
Level 8

After you created the field, did you click the "Publish Customizations" button at the top? 

Also, I would recommend downloading a new Excel template from this entity. This should contain the newly added field.

Lastly, if you are using the Excel template, then field mapping is unnecessary. It should auto map the fields and allow you to import the data. 

mkekovic

Hello,

1. Yes I would save changes and publish the customizations for that entity. The field shows up under the node "Fields", but not if I try to map it by "Get data from Excel".

2. I have tried downloading the template. The field is in the template, but when I try to import it, only 30% of my fields are mapped and the field that I created previously is not there to map to. 

SKH19
Level 10

Data import can be a huge pain, but I find it works a lot better if you use the old data import wizard.

First take the file you want to import and convert it to CSV by selecting the file type when saving it in excel:

Annotation 2019-12-12 144725.png

Then, from Power Apps, select the gear in the top right corner and select Power Platform Admin Center. In the admin center, select your environment and hit Settings. From there you can get into the data import wizard:

Annotation 2019-12-12 144544.png

Select IMPORT DATA and choose your CSV file, then follow the wizard. This works out much better and doesn't have any of the errors you see when trying to import using the new Power Platform model.

View solution in original post

mkekovic

Perfect! I could see my fields there. Thank you very much!

SKH19
Level 10

@mkekovic 

No problem, I spent a lot of time on this myself!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,377)