cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendonBrooksP1
Post Patron
Post Patron

CRUD on Tablet w/Multiple Screens

Greetings. I'm trying to create an application that displays a checklist that employees must complete when their shift begins. Because there is at least 20 different items to check, having a form that is one page will not be the most convienient way. So I need to break it up into 7-9 different screens.  I have the following already created:

1. Database (in the form of a SharePoint list)

2. 11 Screens, (Home, 9 Edit Screens, 1 Success screen)

3. I am using the following formula in a button to navigate to the next screen

NewForm(Form1);Navigate(EditScreen2, ScreenTransition.None)

4. A submit button that will submit the form using the following formula:

SubmitForm(Form1);Navigate(Success,ScreenTransition.None)

Would I include the additional forms (Form1_2, etc) in the SubmitForm formula? Or just "Form1"?

Random Issues

The first issue I'm having is that after Form1_1, the remaing forms (Form1_3, Form1_4, etc) are not appearing.  What would cause that?

Thank you all for your help. 

Brendon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I gave up on the multiple screen option. However, this guide here https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/design-tips-part-1-handling-tab-control-scenarios-in-powe... worked much better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

If not mistaken, as you mentioned, you can always, after:

- Screen1.NewForm() and after fill-in,

- ButtonSubmit1.SubmitForm(); NewForm_1(); Navigate(NewForm_1Screen), then

- ButtonSubmit2.SubmitForm_1(); NewForm_2(); Navigate(NewForm_2 screen), then,

so on and so forth.

I hope this helps and that I understand your questions.

Have a nice day.

hpkeong
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BrendonBrooksP1,

When saying 20 different items, do you mean 20 different columns in a SharePoint list item, or 20 records (which might be stored  under different SharePoint list)?

If for different SharePoint list, and each form item setted with the proper record (for checking), then follow what @hpkeong mentioned should work here.

For different column in a single reocrd, we could choose to show or hide the corresponding column within the form, and if the data is too many, there would be scroll bar added automatically, doing this would allow all the data be submitted only once,which is recommended here.

And if you would like to seperate this record in different screen, just duplicate the editform screen, with the item property of the forms in those screens all set to the same record, only choose different columns to show, change the submit button with the formula below:

Submitform(FormX);Navigate(EditScreen<X+1>,screenTransition.none)

This way should work.

In addition, the formula you used here:

Newfom(Form1), would change the Form1 in New mode, which would create a new record instead of editing the existing one.

Are you planing to create a new record instead of reviewing record which already exists?

Adding some articles for reference:

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

Editform,NewForm,SubmitForm, and ResetForm functions in PowerApps

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-micsh-msft,

Allow me to clarify, I meant 20 different columns within a single SharePoint list.  I tried both the method you suggested and the method that @hpkeong mentioned. However, the problem that I have now is that it is not adding a record to the SharePoint list.

Here is the formula that I'm using to submit a form for a single screen:

Button7;SubmitForm(Form2);Navigate(Success, ScreenTransition.None)

For multiple screens, I am using the following

Button4;SubmitForm(Form1);NewForm(Form1_1);Navigate(EditScreen2, ScreenTransition.None)

I substited the corresponding form in accordance with what screen it is on (i.e. Button3;Submitform(Form1_1);NewForm(Form1_2);Navigate(EditScreen3, ScreenTransition.None) etc.

So far I have had no issues navigating and entering in data in the various forms, but I am confused as to why it will not save a record in a SharePoint list.  Thank you both for you suggestions so far.  

I gave up on the multiple screen option. However, this guide here https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/design-tips-part-1-handling-tab-control-scenarios-in-powe... worked much better.

@hpkeong

I've discovered that submiting each form creates a new record everytime and that's something that I do not want to happen. As I understand now, you can Patch individual Data Card Values from a form and Patch custom values as well. This has worked so far (albiet a very tedious process).

I have ran into one problem. When I patch data cards that are from a form and have a text-input value, a blank value will be Patched to my SQL dB.  Is it simply not possble to Patch text-input data cards from forms?

Thanks,

Brendon

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,492)