cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

CSS properties in HTMLtext being stripped.

I am using some CSS in an HTMLtext field to help me easily format some things, as this is easier and less cumbersome than some of the layout options we are given. For example, easier to do things like rounded corners, gradients, etc.

However, I am noticing that certain properties, like display: flexbox and display: grid get stripped out. (Verified via the browser dev tools).

Does anyone know if there going to be support for those CSS properties? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: CSS properties in HTMLtext being stripped.

@secorrales 
The HTML textbox was designed for the main purpose of displaying text rather than responsive layouts for CSS.

A better way to do responsive apps is by checking out this idea by KickingApps
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Demo-Extravaganza-2020/Responsive-grid-and-Screen-Simulator-Comp...

If you'd like to make a product feature request you can do so here.  The ideas with the most votes get incorporated into PowerApps.  I don't see any current ideas on this topic.

Link to Ideas:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Depending on the complexity of your requirements, you might also consider pushing the controls out to a PCF embedded in canvas apps. In the PCF, you can specify any CSS you like, as well as using React to create dynamic, easily managed user experiences.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@secorrales 
Please note: PCF components are only for model-driven apps.  You cannot use them in Canvas apps.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@mdevaney  - sorry, you are not correct. PCF is available for BOTH Model-driven and Canvas apps, although it is technically still just in "preview" for Canvas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,003)