cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cached Data

I am hoping I can explain this correctly. It seems that when I make a change to one item, it will transfer the same data to the next item when I click edit. See images below.

cache1.jpgcache2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am still trying to understand your issue.

First , the code has a syntax error . try this -

Set(ItemID,ThisItem.ID); Navigate('Edit-Request',ScreenTransition.Fade)

Now, can you confirm what you are trying to achieve with this -

The user clicks on edit - > which opens an edit form for the selected item - > and then the user edits the fields and submits the form.

Regarding the issue, are you saying that  when user clicks on say record no. 3, the mechanic notes from the record no. 2 get copied into the the textbox field (of mechanic notes)

If my understanding is corrrect, can you take a screenshot of the advanced properties of the mechanic notes text input control.

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous

Can you share what code you are using for the edit button?

PowerApps and Flow MVP

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set(ItemID,ThisItem.ID) & Navigate('Edit-Request',ScreenTransition.Fade)

I am still trying to understand your issue.

First , the code has a syntax error . try this -

Set(ItemID,ThisItem.ID); Navigate('Edit-Request',ScreenTransition.Fade)

Now, can you confirm what you are trying to achieve with this -

The user clicks on edit - > which opens an edit form for the selected item - > and then the user edits the fields and submits the form.

Regarding the issue, are you saying that  when user clicks on say record no. 3, the mechanic notes from the record no. 2 get copied into the the textbox field (of mechanic notes)

If my understanding is corrrect, can you take a screenshot of the advanced properties of the mechanic notes text input control.

PowerApps and Flow MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get that syntax error, but that was the fix. I used your code and it is working perfect. Thanks!

@Anonymous

great that it worked out.

so I was wrong in saying that it's a syntax error. It's more of a logic error.

is used to separate multiple functions that ou define for the OnSelect / OnVisible ,etc. kind of properties

is used as an operator to merge two strings.

Hope that helps

PowerApps and Flow MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,689)