Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACPBSCi
Helper III
Helper III

Calculated Column Based on Value of Dropdown

I have different fields with a default weighted value, e.g.:

Likelihood of Success = 10

The user selects a rating for that field from a dropdown list of choices and each rating has a value:

High = 5

Medium = 3

Low = 0

When the user rates the field, I want the app to calculate the total weighted value and populate a field in my SharePoint list:

Likelihood of Success (10), High (3): 10 * 3 = 30

What would that expression look like when the value of the rating varies and the default weighted value does not?

If High, then 5; If Medium, then 3; If Low then 0 * 10

Would I use the data card value in my expression or set some variables and use those?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ACPBSCi 

If you put the Items property of the dropdowns as shown on the right you can set the final score as shown on the lower formula. This formula is the one you can modify to change the weight given to each dropdown's score. 

1.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@ACPBSCi 

Could you provide a screenshot that illustrates your issue please?

ACPBSCi
Helper III
Helper III

I don't have much to show you, but here is my app:

App1.PNG

When they select the rating, the corresponding value of the rating needs to be multiplied by the default weighted value of the topic they were rating. Then that calculated value needs to populate my SharePoint list:

App2.PNG

I have the Value fields in my app and they will be hidden, so I can set those values to whatever I calculate. I'm just not really sure how to begin. I set 3 variables OnStart:

VarHigh, 5

VarMed, 3

VarLow, 0

So if a field's value = High, I would use varHigh in the calculation. That's as far as I've gotten, I'm afraid.

@ACPBSCi 

If you put the Items property of the dropdowns as shown on the right you can set the final score as shown on the lower formula. This formula is the one you can modify to change the weight given to each dropdown's score. 

1.png

View solution in original post

ACPBSCi
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you, @Drrickryp ! I will give that a try!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (66,064)