cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Calculated field and image field issues

So my issue is two fold. 

The main issue is, once you have added a image field to an entity you can no longer add a calculated column, you will instead receive the following issue:

An error has occured

Try this action again. If this problem continues check the.... 

I have nailed it down the Image field causing the issue as I have tested before I add the column and the calculated field works fine. 

My second issue is that once identifying the Image field as the cause, I can not delete it. PowerApps returns with the error code:

There are dependencies on this field that are preventing it from being deleted.

I do not have this field in any forms or other systems, it's a fresh entity with only Name, Image and Calc columns.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AJCH ,

Each entity can have one image field. You can add an image field to custom entities but not to standard entities. Are you using a custom entity? 

I just tested and I cannot reproduce your issue. Did you make sure that you have created the calculated field correctly? 

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/define-calculated-fields

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Yup correct, i'm adding the image field to a custom entity. 

I'm creating the calculated field via the fields section on the entity in the CMS UI. I'm unable to actually define what is in the calculated field, because the pop-up window that allows you to define the logic is what causes the issue. I've been able to replicate this issue on my end in two environments within the same tenant. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,432)