Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP0822
Helper I
Helper I

Calculated field from Sharepoint list into Datatable

Hi,

I have a calculated field in my SP list and I want to show this column in a datatable in PowerApps. The column is called "Trigger_time" but when I try to get the field in my table I didn't find it as a possible field to add

I know I could try using AddColumns and Collections/List but is there an easy way to pull this from SP List?

Thanks for your comments

CP0822_0-1610741883601.png

CP0822_1-1610741912781.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@CP0822 

Yes, calculated columns will be available for your data table.  However, I would consider using a Gallery if possible over a DataTable because the DataTable is NOT going to see your calculate as a Date properly and you will end up with a ISO representation of your Date rather than a formatted date.  You can control this better in a Gallery.

If you are not seeing your calculated column, I would first make sure you are looking for its "Real" name.  If the column has been renamed at any point, it will still retain its original name.

Go into your SharePoint list settings and click on the calculated column to edit it.  Then look in the URL in the browser.  The URL will end with field=something.   something is the REAL name of the column.  

That is what you will be looking for in the Edit Fields of the DataTable.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I don't think Calculated fields are an option here,  mainly because they do not store data,  they only show a result at run time.  You should be able to build your own calculation field in the app that will achieve teh same result

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@CP0822 

Yes, calculated columns will be available for your data table.  However, I would consider using a Gallery if possible over a DataTable because the DataTable is NOT going to see your calculate as a Date properly and you will end up with a ISO representation of your Date rather than a formatted date.  You can control this better in a Gallery.

If you are not seeing your calculated column, I would first make sure you are looking for its "Real" name.  If the column has been renamed at any point, it will still retain its original name.

Go into your SharePoint list settings and click on the calculated column to edit it.  Then look in the URL in the browser.  The URL will end with field=something.   something is the REAL name of the column.  

That is what you will be looking for in the Edit Fields of the DataTable.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Hi  @RandyHayes 

Thanks, actually I pulled the calculated field from the SP list at the end. Not sure why I couldn't see the column at the beginning but it happened just the thing you mentioned about the format and I solved this situation using this formula

DateAdd( DateTimeValue(ThisItem.Trigger_time),-TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes)

CP0822_0-1611251020094.png

This is the result. 

Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,832)