cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Calculated field not showing correctly in published app

Good morning 

I currently have a calculated field called "Certainty %" that showed 13 decimals so I used a Round formula to round the decimals off to a whole number. 

When creating an overview page with the Gallery - I wanted to show the " Cerntainty %" with the "Customer name" so created the below in the Subtitle text: 

ThisItem.'Customer Name' & " - " & Round(Value(ThisItem.'Certainty %'),0) & " %"

It shows perfectly in my desktop app as per the below screenshot 

Dean.png

But when I publihesd the app the it goes to "0%" as per the screenshot below:

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-18 at 13.49.03.jpeg

Please can some one assist me, as the "%" sign is showing, it is clearly and issue with Round(Value(ThisItem.'Certainty %'),0).

Thank you for your assistance in advanced. 

Kind Regards

Casey-Lee

10 REPLIES 10
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Casey-Lee 

I just tested this out and it works fine for me. Can you let me know which mobile device are you using and what's the version of the app? 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Also, what happens if you use the calculated field without the round function. Does it then display the value?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

There are 10-13 people using the app on different devices (Apple and Samsung) which are showing 0%. If I don't 'round' it then it shows 13 Decimals which seems to be a bug as well. 

Sure yes 13 digits is no good but I wanted to know if the users at least see any values, seems like they do. Can you tell me how are you calculating that calculated field?

---

Hardit(Haman)

Thanks - they do see the 13 decimals. 

The field is calculated based on a whole bunch of yes/no questions on the form and the outcomes of those are given a score of 8/4 which adds up to a total of 100 (100%). I have inserted the formula for the calculated field on the SharePoint site and is a whole bunch of "if" formulas. 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Casey-Lee ,

Firstly, it is known issue with the Calculated field from SP List in a canvas app. When displaying the Calculated field within an app, the Calculated field value would be acted as a Text value, and the number value result would be appended with 13 decimals.

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider modify your formula within your app as below:

ThisItem.'Customer Name' & " - " & Text(Value(ThisItem.'Certainty %'), "##,###") & " %"

Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile Apps is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade your PowerApps Mobile App to the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try with the following formula:

ThisItem.'Customer Name' & " - " & 
Text(Value(LookUp('SP List', ID = ThisItem.ID, 'Certainty %')), "##,###") & 
" %"

or

ThisItem.'Customer Name' & " - " & 
Round(Value(LookUp('SP List', ID = ThisItem.ID, 'Certainty %')), 0) & 
" %"

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xida-msft 

You commented on my rounding issue (also on a previous post) - of which your below formulas did fix the decimal issue when creating app, however, when it is published to the app and is viewed via the app, nothing shows. 

I tried all of the formulas which you provided. 

Thanks

Hi @Casey-Lee ,

Please check if you have set the returned data type of your Calculated field as below:

2.JPG

If the issue still exists, please consider add a Number type column to store the value instead of the Calculated field. On your side, you could consider do the calculations within your app, then save the calculation result back to the Number field from your app. You could enable the New added Number field within your Edit form, then set the Default property of the New Number field Text Box to following:

// Type formula to do your calculations here

then when you click "Save" button, the calculation result would be saved back to your SP List.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, my list field  settings were as per your comment. 

The formula is very long and complex - I don't have the time to do it via the app and in order for the calculation result to be saved back to my SP List.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,941)