cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bennym60b

Calculated field returning 13 decimals in Display form

I have seen a couple of responses on this 13 decimal places issue all relating to the gallery. I want to return a 2 decimal value in a display form (the view details second page of a standard 3 page canvas app) The data field in question should be a simple ##.##, no currency, no percentage. The SharePoint list is a calculation of number of people  x number of hours (where 45 minutes would be 0.75). The SharePoint lists handles the calculation fine. The Detail form in Power Apps does not. I do not want this field visible in the Gallery. How do I ensure it displays as I want it to in the Detail form please?

2 REPLIES 2
BlessedCobba
Resolver I
Resolver I

you can edit the items property of the label and put something like

Text(thisitem.estimated_x0200_duration, "##.##")

BlessedCobba,

Many thanks for your prompt response and excuse my tardiness responding. I tried the above and it did not work for me, possibly because the label was retrieving from a calculated field in SharePoint - I do not know the reason. I ended up doing the following (for those other 40+ views of this post.

1. I went back to the SharePoint list and removed the column, then replaced it with a new column, not calculated, and number set to two decimals.

2. I then returned to the App (refreshed data)  and in the Edit form, I changed the item to view only, (DisplayMode), but for the Text property of the item itself I created a formula, exactly as I had in the original SharePoint column (a very simple product of the two other relevant columns (Items in the App)

Effectively I abandoned SharePoint doing the work and instead passed it over to the App such that the correct number and format was being patched back into SharePoint as a simple value rather than a calculation. Thus when I now View it in Gallery or ViewForm modes, it appears as intended with two decimal places. 

An ideal solution for me since I am at the start of creating a Data set,  possibly not ideal for those starting with hundreds or thousands of exisiting columns.

For such a scenario, I woudl probably export the existing Data in SharePoint and then recreate a list without the functions in SharePoint and replace them with functions in the App going forward.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,551)