cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Calculating fields

I'm still struggling to calculate hours and minutes  a user has worked for within the day and week and also calculate their travel time time as well. 

There are actually two sets of daily work time, so worktime is the amount they worked for the day and daily work time is the total hours worked for the day excluding meal time. Travel time is just travel time and I want that when ever they pick the activity travel and also input the time they started it and ended it, it would calculate the hours and minutes that it took them to do that activity (travel). 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@SandraAkujobi 

If you can provide some formulas that you are struggling with, that would be best.  Some samples of what you have (and the data) and what calculation you are trying to get to, would be helpful.  Also and column names and/or controls that have any value you want to work with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Highlighted

@RandyHayes  Okay so the calculations I am trying to get is this:

There are two columns that need to be calculated:

1.Travel time (the time it took them to travel to an destination of work)

2. Work Time (the time it took them to do a job/activity)

3. Daily Work Time ( the time it took them to do all the activities in a day and then minus meal time which is usually 30 minutes) (also travel time is not included in this even though it's an activity)

As you can see from the image below each rows represents each day, the first row the first activity  they started at 7am and ended at 10 am and the 2nd activity is travel and they started at 10 am and ended at 11am, so what will be calculated in travel time is the amount of time travelled which is an hour and the work time calculation will only calculated time of other activities not including travel and that sums up to 3 hours. Now the Daily worked hour is is all activities excluding travel summed up and then the meal time which is 0.30 is taken away from the calculated hours worked. So basically the only did one activity that isn't travel on that day and that means the calculated sum is 3hrs and then we take 30 mins of so the total sum of the daily worked is 2h30mins.

Screenshot (186).png

I haven't used a formula yet to calculate these sums. 

Highlighted

@SandraAkujobi 

Sorry for my delay on this one.  Are you still having this issue or have you resolved it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Highlighted

@RandyHayes  Nope I've completed this one. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,960)