cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

Calculation

I have an SP List that has a column with "Week #" - this is a number column. So I might have a week number= 1 for example.

If there a way I can have a button in Powerapps that triggers an update to the week number? So I will like that when I click the button, the week number changes to 1+1 for example. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Canadiansal 

You can to this using Patch function. Set OnSelect property of button to:

Patch(SharePointListSource, ThisItem, {Week#: ThisItem.Week# + 1})

Use internal name of Week# column in formula.

If you are not using any gallery and want to update list item using it's ID then use:

Patch(SharePointListSource, {ID: 2}, { Week#: LookUp(SharePointListSource, ThisRecord.ID = 2, Week#) + 1 })

Here 2 is ID of SharePoint list item.

Check below references for more information: 

1. Increment a SharePoint number column by 1 on button click 
  2. Patch function in Power Apps 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

View solution in original post

Hi@Canadiansal,

Could you please tell me more about your data configuration, is there only a Number column named 'Week#'?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to update the records related to the week 1?

If I understand correctly, I think the UpdateIf function could achieve your needs.

UpdateIf(SPlist,'Week#'=1,{'Week#':'Week#'+1})

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi 

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Canadiansal 

You can to this using Patch function. Set OnSelect property of button to:

Patch(SharePointListSource, ThisItem, {Week#: ThisItem.Week# + 1})

Use internal name of Week# column in formula.

If you are not using any gallery and want to update list item using it's ID then use:

Patch(SharePointListSource, {ID: 2}, { Week#: LookUp(SharePointListSource, ThisRecord.ID = 2, Week#) + 1 })

Here 2 is ID of SharePoint list item.

Check below references for more information: 

1. Increment a SharePoint number column by 1 on button click 
  2. Patch function in Power Apps 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

I should clarify.

So there will be multiple week values in the list. so there might be 1,2,3 etc., I will like for my button to only update the value in week 1 - not all the values.

Hi@Canadiansal,

Could you please tell me more about your data configuration, is there only a Number column named 'Week#'?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to update the records related to the week 1?

If I understand correctly, I think the UpdateIf function could achieve your needs.

UpdateIf(SPlist,'Week#'=1,{'Week#':'Week#'+1})

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi 

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,946)