cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnorris135
Helper IV
Helper IV

Calendar Count check in PowerApp

I have a class form that submits to a SharePoint list.  In this form, i have a calendar field that the user can select a date.  I also have a checkbox field in a gallery that is connected to a list of classes. 

I also have a calendar event list in SharePoint that a Admin adds classes to + a field called Class Max which they set which could be 10, or 15, or etc.....  The admin can update this list at anytime and it will list all the classes that the user can select a checkbox to pick a class.

- Class submission list

- Calendar event List of classes with dates and times and class max

I created the dataconnections to the Calendar event list with the hope that the user, when they select a class it will or could provide how many left AFTER those who have or could have signed up already.    I would like to be able to 

- when a user selects a checkbox, it will provide the number of people that have already submitted for the class.  The goal is NOT allowing people to go past the people who have signed up vs the class max. For ex.  If a class has a maximum of 10, and when the user clicks the checkbox as the 11 person, it will provide an error.  

my question is how can i have the checkbox check the calendar event field (Class Max) vs the number of people that have submitted to the Submission list and not allow the user to signup or atleast throw an error?

i appreciate any help in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@cnorris135,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to prohibit the user from signing up when the class max has been reached?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, how you configure the 'Calendar event List', does the 'Class Max' column do calculation once someone check the corresponding Checkbox or just display the max number?

I could not test it without a data set.

What I could suggest, is that you could set the DisplayMode property of the Checkbox using a If() function to compare how many users have signed up the same class, if it exceeds the limit, make the Checkbox disabled, otherwise enable.

The above solution depends on how you set the 2 SP lists, please give some example data set.

- Class submission list

- Calendar event List of classes with dates and times and class max

Provide more details about the above 2 lists, or some example data set.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

1.) a ADMIN creates a class in a Calendar Event SP list...... They also add the Maximum for that class added to the calendar.  This Calendar List is called Orientation Calendar.  The Class Max in this list is simply adding a number to the Class Max field.  The Calendar class has these items...

Calendar Event list
- Title

- Start Time

- End Time

- Description

- Class Maximum

Class Submission List

2.) Class Submission PA form

- Name

- Company

- Type

- Orientation Request Date (calendar field)

- Estimated # of people attending

- Classes (gallery with checkboxes - "ClassChoices" is the name of the checkbox field, for classes to select. Another SP list feeds this list of checkboxes so for now there are 5 classes).  I would like for when a user selects a class, it will look at the Class Maximum in the Calendar Event, look at the number of submissions per the class already submitted in the Class Submission list and determine IF the user can signup or has the class reach maximum capacity.

thank you.  let me know if you need more info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,221)