Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Calendar event display issue

Hello,

I discover a bug in my application with US user. When they use the Calendar default screen, to see Monday event they have to select Tuesday...

How can I correct it without telling to my user to have their week starting by Monday ?

BR

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Calendar event display issue

@Jdriele 

Understood, but, if there is just a date, then it will be whatever date and 12:00 AM by default (in whatever timezone it is in).  If you display that date in a timezone that is 1 hour more, then it is 1 hour less to the date, and thus, the date becomes a day earlier at 11:00 PM.  You will see in the TimeZoneOffset function (in the example of converting) that in order to correct, you are adding the timezoneoffset which is returned in minutes.

The templates are Sample Apps to help people get started on their own.  I don't believe they are intended to be "official apps" that are supported.  But, this particular question on the timezoneoffset in the templates has come up a few times, so, it's definitely not unknown.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

You're right, it's working, I still don't understand why, I will read again... Here the final code :

Office365.GetEventsCalendarView(defaultCalendar,
Text(Value(DateAdd( startDate, TimeZoneOffset(  ), Minutes )),"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy",Language()),
Text(Value(DateAdd( DateAdd(startDate,2,Days), TimeZoneOffset(  ), Minutes )),"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy",Language())
).Values

BTW, when I have done my test today for india and usa eastern, we were all at the same day and the meeting also. Even without TimeZoneOffset it should work. That why it's strange for me, thx you for your contradiction ^^

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Jdriele 

You need to look at your date selections and usage in your formulas and make sure you are using the TimeZoneOffset function to adjust the dates properly. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Thx for you attention, but meetings are display in the wrong day. Not a prb of hours. Me and my colleagues are on Monday for the same meeting, just the hours should change.

BTW, why MS official template screen are not resilient for common regional issue

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Jdriele 

Understood, but, if there is just a date, then it will be whatever date and 12:00 AM by default (in whatever timezone it is in).  If you display that date in a timezone that is 1 hour more, then it is 1 hour less to the date, and thus, the date becomes a day earlier at 11:00 PM.  You will see in the TimeZoneOffset function (in the example of converting) that in order to correct, you are adding the timezoneoffset which is returned in minutes.

The templates are Sample Apps to help people get started on their own.  I don't believe they are intended to be "official apps" that are supported.  But, this particular question on the timezoneoffset in the templates has come up a few times, so, it's definitely not unknown.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

You're right, it's working, I still don't understand why, I will read again... Here the final code :

Office365.GetEventsCalendarView(defaultCalendar,
Text(Value(DateAdd( startDate, TimeZoneOffset(  ), Minutes )),"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy",Language()),
Text(Value(DateAdd( DateAdd(startDate,2,Days), TimeZoneOffset(  ), Minutes )),"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy",Language())
).Values

BTW, when I have done my test today for india and usa eastern, we were all at the same day and the meeting also. Even without TimeZoneOffset it should work. That why it's strange for me, thx you for your contradiction ^^

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Jdriele 

One thing to watch out for...you will want to put your date in the TimeZoneOffset function.

If you use TimeZoneOffset without a date, it will calculate the offset based on the current time zone, not the time zone of the actual date you want.

So, your formulas should have TimeZoneOffset(startDate) in them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,851)