cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Calendar gallery - display circles for each day of the event & calendar to start on Monday

Hi all,

1) I'm fairly new to PowerApps and I have recently used the standard calendar screen and adjusted it to work with my source of absence records however, I cannot get the small circles in the calendar gallery to show for each day the absence lasts. I have only managed to get them displayed if Absence start date equals given date in the gallery or the absence end date does i.e. if absence lasts from Monday to Wednesday, the circles are displayed on Monday and Wednesday only using the tweaked original formula below. Is there a clever way to include the days in between?

CountRows(Filter(AbsenceRequestsCol, DateValue(Text('Start Date')) = DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days) || DateValue(Text('End date')) = DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days) )) > 0 && !CalendarMonthDaySubcircle.Visible && CalendarMonthDayGalleryDay.Visible

days pic.JPG

2) Is it possible to again ideally adjust the OOTB screen to have the first day of the week Monday as opposed to Sunday? I know the date picker offers this setting but I didn't find anything for the gallery. I tried to amend it by manually specifying the days range i.e. ["Mon", "Tue", "Wed" etc. ] but understandably the dates were off and I didn't manage to adjust the days in the gallery to display correctly.

days pic 2.JPG

Thank you for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Calendar gallery - display circles for each day of the event & calendar to start on Monday

Hi @Hosto ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the Event which launches from Monday to Wednesday does not display three circles within your Calendar screen?

For your first question, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

9.JPG

Set the Visible property of the Circle2 within the MonthDayGallery2 to following:

/*Visible if calendar events are found on this day*/               
CountRows(
           Filter(
                  MyCalendarEvents, 
                  DateValue(Text(Start)) <= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days), DateValue(Text(End)) >= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days)
           )
) > 0 && !Subcircle2.Visible && Title5.Visible

On your side, you should modify your formula as below:

CountRows(
          Filter(
                 AbsenceRequestsCol, 
                 DateValue(Text('Start Date')) <= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days), 
                 DateValue(Text('End date')) >= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days) 
          )
) > 0 && !CalendarMonthDaySubcircle.Visible && CalendarMonthDayGalleryDay.Visible

For your second question, if you want to adjust your Calendar screen to make the first day of Week as Monday, I afraid that there is no easy way to achieve your needs.

As an alternative solution, I think you could consider customize a interactive Calendar within your app based on the following blog:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/davidni/2016/12/13/building-an-interactive-calendar-view-with-power...

then you could set the first day of the week as Monday.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Calendar gallery - display circles for each day of the event & calendar to start on Monday

Hi @Hosto ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the Event which launches from Monday to Wednesday does not display three circles within your Calendar screen?

For your first question, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

9.JPG

Set the Visible property of the Circle2 within the MonthDayGallery2 to following:

/*Visible if calendar events are found on this day*/               
CountRows(
           Filter(
                  MyCalendarEvents, 
                  DateValue(Text(Start)) <= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days), DateValue(Text(End)) >= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days)
           )
) > 0 && !Subcircle2.Visible && Title5.Visible

On your side, you should modify your formula as below:

CountRows(
          Filter(
                 AbsenceRequestsCol, 
                 DateValue(Text('Start Date')) <= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days), 
                 DateValue(Text('End date')) >= DateAdd(_firstDayInView,ThisItem.Value,Days) 
          )
) > 0 && !CalendarMonthDaySubcircle.Visible && CalendarMonthDayGalleryDay.Visible

For your second question, if you want to adjust your Calendar screen to make the first day of Week as Monday, I afraid that there is no easy way to achieve your needs.

As an alternative solution, I think you could consider customize a interactive Calendar within your app based on the following blog:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/davidni/2016/12/13/building-an-interactive-calendar-view-with-power...

then you could set the first day of the week as Monday.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your advice 

I have already tried the "<=" and ">=" before, but it didn't occur to me to try comma instead of && or ||. Thank you for pointing this out - it worked like a charm.

As for the second item - thank you the clarification as well. I may look into the blog you recommended to achieve the desired structure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,696)