Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylv1
Helper I
Helper I

Calendar language problem since 2021

Hi Community ! 

I have created an app for a client, using Calendar.Weekdaylong as a week gallery. (from Sunday to Saturday)
And  "Upper(Text(_firstDayOfWeek; "[$-fr-FR]mmmm yyyy"))" as current Month and Year 

Everything was fine, until 2021...   Even all the settings are in French (cf list), now the weekdays and Month names  are in English instead of French. (for all users). 
When i open PowerApps Studio or F5, Language() is "fr-FR" and when i Launch the Application (from URL or Application list ) Language is "en-US". 

Have you an idea to get back to french Days and Months names ? Is that a MS anomaly on the tenant ? 

Thank you 

Settings are all French for 

Computer / Windows 10
Chrome / Edge  
Delve User profile Language 
Prefered Language in User Profile 
Profile Regional Settings 

SharePoint Settings 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @RandyHayes 

That works fine for the month.
Considering the common problems refered by @NHGA  i will probably opt for my own Week Days Collection instead of  Calendar.Weekdaylong 

Thank you very much

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

General problem at the moment that everyone outside of US/America date & number formatting experiences. I have seen questions from France, Poland, Denmark, Sweden etc...

I have my related question here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Date-and-Number-Format-suddenly-US-American-...

I have also submitted this as a ticket to Microsoft and spoken with their first line support.

I will update my question once I know more, but hopefully this is something Microsoft will roll-back/fix in the background.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Sylv1 

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

Upper(Text(_firstDayOfWeek; "[$-fr-FR]mmmm yyyy", "fr"))

This will show your date with the proper locale.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thanks @RandyHayes 

That works fine for the month.
Considering the common problems refered by @NHGA  i will probably opt for my own Week Days Collection instead of  Calendar.Weekdaylong 

Thank you very much

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,654)