cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PADave
Regular Visitor

Calendar stuck on January 2019 with 0-41 dates and is unresponsive.

Good afternoon all.

I've been working on an app for the past few weeks and the calendar control has functioned as expected for the whole time up until today.

Twice today the calendar has set itself to January 2019 with full dates 0-41 and is unresponsive when holding down alt or playing the app.  I can't see what caused this and am unsure why it started working again earlier this morning.

The calendar is on the second screen with the first being a dashboard so not much has happened up to that point. If I add a new calendar to the same or a new screen it's exactly the same.

Has anyone come across this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RandyHayes 

Apologies, this is my first PowerApp and I inherited it so trying to figure it out and it looks like I might have done it.

There is a variable _today that wasn't set for whatever reason and I think the following formula was the reason the component was failing If(IsBlank(_today), "January 2019",Text(_firstDayOfMonth,"[$-en-US]mmmm") & " " & Text(_firstDayOfMonth,"[$-en-US]yyyy"))

I set _today to Today() and it's now working as expected again.

Thanks for your help with this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@PADave 

I am assuming that is a Calendar Screen that you have added to your app.

If so, then you need to look at the OnSelect of the calendar selection dropdown.  That is where _firstDayInView is set and that is what would cause a problem with the calculations of the days in your calendar Gallery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Thanks @RandyHayes 

It's a calendar added to the screen from the custom drop down menu, it doesn't appear to have an OnSelect.

On the same screen there is a continue button that has If('Date Select Calendar'.StartDate>Today(),Edit,Disabled) on the DisplayMode and also a Label with If('Date Select Calendar'.StartDate>Today(),false,true) in the Visible but I can't see why they would affect it.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@PADave 

Can you describe more about how you added this calendar?  It is not a standard component, so it appears that it is a Calendar screen that was added to your app.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

Apologies, this is my first PowerApp and I inherited it so trying to figure it out and it looks like I might have done it.

There is a variable _today that wasn't set for whatever reason and I think the following formula was the reason the component was failing If(IsBlank(_today), "January 2019",Text(_firstDayOfMonth,"[$-en-US]mmmm") & " " & Text(_firstDayOfMonth,"[$-en-US]yyyy"))

I set _today to Today() and it's now working as expected again.

Thanks for your help with this.

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@PADave 

So you had mentioned this as a calendar control.  There is no calendar control in PowerApps, so I looked at your picture to determine what you might be referring to.  It looked a lot like the Calendar screen that you can insert.  That screen is not a control, but just a screen that has a series of controls put together to look like what you are seeing.

However, I believe you inherited something that was customized by someone as the variable you mention is not part of the standard screen.  

But, it sounds like you hunted it down!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (50,543)