cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBuente
Level 8

CalendarGetItems not displaying reocurring meetings?

Hi all,

I am currently playing in a sandbox app, searching for some methods to use for another app. I am currently playing around with the Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables and Office365Outlook.CalendarGetItems functions. These functions are working together; however, CalendarGetItems is not getting recoccuring meetings. Here is what I have:

On a dropdown box, I have:

Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables().value.Name

From here, I have this on a gallery:

SortByColumns(Filter(Office365Outlook.CalendarGetItems(Dropdown2.Selected.Name).value, Start > Now()), "Start", Ascending)

This is working great; however, like I said, all reoccurring meetings are missing from my gallery. Hoping someone can help out!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TBuente
Level 8

Re: CalendarGetItems not displaying reocurring meetings?

I have actually just figured out a workaround for this issue.

It appears that my original code, for whatever reason was not picking up reoccurring events:

SortByColumns(Filter(Office365Outlook.CalendarGetItems(Dropdown2.Selected.Name).value, Start > Now()), "Start", Ascending)

This worked but would never show reoccurring meetings. For example, if I made a reoccurring meeting 5 months ago, to reoccur every 7 days, it would not show a meeting 7 days from now.

The workaround that I found, was to utilize the GetEventsCalendarViewV3. To do this, I had to create a start and end UTC, which I did with:

Set(StartUTC, Text(DateAdd(StartDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");
Set(EndUTC, Text(DateAdd(EndDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");

(StartDateTime is Now() and EndDateTime is Now() + whatever button they select, example: 15 minute meeting, 30 minute meeting, etc)

From here, I had to use the following codes:

Set(OlympusID, LookUp(Office365.CalendarGetTables().value, DisplayName = "Olympus").Name);
Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV3(OlympusID, StartUTC, EndUTC).value

Olympus is the name of my conference room. Basically, these series of functions worked, as it will even display reoccurring events.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

@TBuente 

Do you mean repeat events?

I made a test on my side, and that formula can get repeat events, but what can be displayed is those events that Start dateis later than today because of your logic criteria.

Snipaste_2020-01-23_16-27-05.pngSnipaste_2020-01-23_16-27-41.png

Sik

TBuente
Level 8

I have actually just figured out a workaround for this issue.

It appears that my original code, for whatever reason was not picking up reoccurring events:

This worked but would never show reoccurring meetings. For example, if I made a reoccurring meeting 5 months ago, to reoccur every 7 days, it would not show a meeting 7 days from now.

The workaround that I found, was to utilize the GetEventsCalendarViewV3. To do this, I had to create a start and end UTC, which I did with:

Set(StartUTC, Text(DateAdd(StartDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");
Set(EndUTC, Text(DateAdd(EndDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");

(StartDateTime is Now() and EndDateTime is Now() + whatever button they select, example: 15 minute meeting, 30 minute meeting, etc)

From here, I had to use the following codes:

Set(OlympusID, LookUp(Office365.CalendarGetTables().value, DisplayName = "Olympus").Name);
Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV3(OlympusID, StartUTC, EndUTC).value

Olympus is the name of my conference room. Basically, these series of functions worked, as it will even display reoccurring events.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,909)