cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Camera Control Not Working

I am building a Canvas app. One of the features of this app is taking photos. I followed guidance from the Microsoft documentation as well as posts I have found here.  Nothing is working.

I drop the Camera control on the screen. It loads and shows the camera view, no problem.  I drop an image control on the screen and set its Image property to The Photo property of the camera control. I click the Camera control, nothing happens. The OnSelect() for the Camera control is not called at all, it does nothing. I tried adding a Notify() to the OnSelect() nothing.  I then tried adding a "Shutter" button that calls Select( Camera Control ). The OnSelect for the Camera Control now is called, but still does nothing.

I tried another suggestion, setting StreamRate to 100 and then setting the Image control to the Stream Property of the camera control, still nothing. I also tried setting up a Gallery with an Image control and calling Collect( var, Camera.Photo ), that doesn't work either.

How do I get this to work? Am I missing a step here?

Thanks.

UPDATE: I shared the app with another user. The app works perfectly for them. Just not for me.  Going to try clearing my browser cache.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Clearing my cache for the last 7 days did the trick.  Problem solved!

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Clearing my cache for the last 7 days did the trick.  Problem solved!

Regards,

-S

roncam82
Helper I
Helper I

how do you clear the cache please ?

In your browser you can hit Ctrl-Shift-Delete. Works in Edge and Chrome.

Regards,

-S

Regards,

-S

roncam82
Helper I
Helper I

so you run the application using the browser ? because on the mobile I open the powerapps application and then run the application from there

The app can be run from either the browser or the launcher.

Regards,

-S

Regards,

-S

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,222)