cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdannemiller
Frequent Visitor

Camera Image Size

We have implemented a web service to move images from Power Apps into SharePoint since that functionality is not available natively yet.  However, I noticed that even though I'm using an Iphone 7+ with a good camera, the size of all the images is 640x480.  Is this something that can be changed?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You would take the picture with the add picture control (tapping it would open the native camera and after taking the pic it would show in the add picture control).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Power Apps
Power Apps

Currently, that is the only size we support on iOS. We are working on enabling taking higher res pictures using the native camera with the Add Picture control.  Would that meet your need?

Thanks,

Chris

Would I have to take a picture with the IOS camera app and then upload it using the Add Picture control, or could I take a picture in the App?  

You would take the picture with the add picture control (tapping it would open the native camera and after taking the pic it would show in the add picture control).

Has this project moved forward?

Yes, using the Add Picture control you get the option to add from photo library or take a picture with the camera.

Is it possible to use this technique, to take a photo with higher res, and use a flow to save it to a onedrive location?

Im currently using an older way to save photos to a collection, than move them to a onedrive but the resolution is to low for what we need.

Yes this is possible.  I just did a quick prototype and created an app using the site inspector app template using the Dropbox connector and replaced the camera control on the photo screen with the add picture control and the picture was uploaded in high res to Dropbox.

Thanks for the quick reply,

have a wonderful weekend.

I've been trying to find more information.

When I go to collect the uploaded photo in powerapps i get

"appres://blobmanager/d21f06b27f2745fc9cbbaf726174bfc7/1" 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,703)