Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osamamansoor
Helper I
Helper I

Camera and Image Access

Hi Experts,

I am new to PowerApps and trying to develop a basic Visitor Management app on PowerAPP I created a simple app on PowerApp by making changes to the Excel file table now I want to enable a camera feature to take a snap of visitor which will save as data images.

How can I do this to enable the camera to take pictures? 

Interface.JPGCamera.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @osamamansoor ,

Please follow the steps in my screenshots:

1) Delete the AddPicture control: 

63.png

2) Add the Camera control:

62.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
osamamansoor
Helper I
Helper I

can someone please help how can I take a picture and save of SharePoint Libraray?

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @osamamansoor ,

Do you want to take images and upload to Excel?

If you do, first of all please notice:

• The excel file should be in a cloud storage service such as OneDrive or Google Drive;
  • The image column's name in excel should be like fieldname[image]

After that, refresh the data source, add the image field into the Edit Form. You would see an AddPicture control in the Data Card, unlock the Card in Advanced properties pane and replace AddPicture with a Camera Control. Then set the Update property of the Card to Camera.Photo. Now you could submit the form with the photo taken by camera and it is shown on the screen. Users could also tap the camera on the mobile phone or tablet to capture another photo for uploading before submitting the form.

On your screen I see the buttons of “Retake” and “Use”, could you please share the details about the scenario? Do you want to use the “Retake” button to take a new photo, and use the “Use” button to decide which photo to be upload?

If you do, it would be a complex scenario, please reference to below topic and blog:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Camera-Capture-Button-Camera-control-not-sel...

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ux-patterns-camera-shutter-button/

You will need to:

• Set StreamRate of Camera control to 100;
  • Set OnSelect of Retake button: ClearCollect(photos,Camera1.Stream);
  • Use button is unnecessary, please remove it. Add an Image control and set its Image property to First(photos).URL;
  • Set Update of Photo field Card: Image1.Image.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it.

@v-jefferni  Thanks for your response I am new and trying to learn therefore I asked you again some question I knew these questions are stupid but please understand that I am new in this field

I am successfully able to till step below but unable to understand how can replace AddPicture with a Camera Control? now I am stuck

"

Do you want to take images and upload to Excel?

If you do, first of all please notice:

• The excel file should be in a cloud storage service such as OneDrive or Google Drive;
  • The image column's name in excel should be like fieldname[image]

After that, refresh the data source, add the image field into the Edit Form. You would see an AddPicture control in the Data Card,"

11.JPG21.JPG22.JPG

Hi @osamamansoor ,

Please follow the steps in my screenshots:

1) Delete the AddPicture control: 

63.png

2) Add the Camera control:

62.png

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Thanks to you its working but how can clear the below error.

Capture.JPG

Please help to resolve this remaining error.

Hi @osamamansoor ,

Could you please show me the error prompt on the screen? It seems like an error of the data card but not sure of which property.

Best regards,

Please see below.

Hi @osamamansoor ,

Sorry but I'm not sure which steps you have been to now. As per the property is Image, I suppose to replace the formula with First(photos).URL if you followed my steps above so you have created the collection "photos". 

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,011)