Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

Camera bug: Some Android Devices

EDITED - based on more testing...

Starting 14 July, the PowerApps camera control on Xiaomi Android devices started behaving strangely - when the camera initializes the image is immediately 'frozen', there is often juddering and the colours are changed as though the red channel is not properly picked up. Both front and rear cameras affected the same way. Using the standard camera app shows there is nothing wrong with the camera itself.

This is happening on all/many of our Xiaomi devices but not on iOS or Nokia devices we have tested with.

The Xiaomi has quite a sophisticated multi-camera set-up, but that would not explain the issues with the front camera.

The PowerApps Player version shown on the devices is 3.20065.14 - I don't know when this update occurred as this site which is supposed to detail the version released appears to not have been updated since May https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/powerplatform/released-versions...

* Anyone know when 3.20065.14 was released?

* Any suggestions for fixing this issue?

* Anyone else start experiencing camera issues in the last few days?

8 REPLIES 8
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

Found info from Google PlayStore on when the last release of the Player dropped - 13 July.

MS, please note that this release appears to break the camera control on some Android devices - all our Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pros appear to be affected. If you can't prevent you updates from breaking production Apps you must allow a mechanism for reverting to previous versions. Our business is being severely impacted by this with no resolution at this time!

PaulD1_0-1594772649478.png

Raised a ticket with MS Support - will update this thread with any news

VerHageM
Frequent Visitor

We are also experiencing this same issue on our Samsung (Android OS) tablets across our company. All/Most of the tablets are affected, and we have also raised the issue with Microsoft. It started around July 14 as well. 

We have noticed that if you uninstall & reinstall PowerApps on the tablets, it temporarily fixes the issue. However, it's not a great solution because the fix is brief. 

It appears this issue may be caused by certain combinations of the Android Mobile InTune App and the Android Mobile PowerApps Player App, though there are a few threads started about camera issues following the PowerApps Player version that released around 13 July, so there may be other causes too.

Completely resetting a device and then re-enrolling in InTune and reinstalling the Apps appears to resolve the problem for us, although that is not easy operation to carry out when managing a large number of users.

Hi Paul

Have Microsoft support come back with a fix?

We have experienced a similar issue, where the camera in Power Apps starts to flicker. Native Camera App on Phone is fine.

The devices are Samsung Android Devices managed by Intune and have the intune mobile app installed.

Resetting the device seems to temporarily fix the issue.

Thanks

Rajveer 

@Rajveer20 

Microsoft support have advised that we need to uninstall InTune , clear any cache and then reinstall. It also seems that only certain devices are affected.

The issue is now with our InTune team to identify the users still experiencing issues and work on those devices.

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply.

Finally the latest update for PowerApps (3.20093.35) has fixed the issue for me.

Thanks

Rajveer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, my name is Roy, i am 17 years old and work in an IT compagnie.

After searching for 6 hours, i found the solution. The camera doesnt work anymore because there is an aplication that got installed by android self. It is called "android system webview" you can remove it in the playstore. After rebooting it will work fine again. 

I dont know about any other aplication will fail of removing this application. But the camera will work again.

Regards,

Roy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,083)